Inner Peace - Your New BFF
Without a doubt the single best thing I’m learning to
do for myself is accept who the hell I am. This is (and probs always will be) a
Work. In. Progress.
Even releasing this blog inconsistently with large
gaps in between fills me with a mild but omniscient anxiety with whispers of inadequacy
and laziness, comparisons to everyone else in the world who can trot out
countless posts and look fabulous while they’re doing it. Meanwhile I’m moving house, accumulating pinchy shoulders and hips from neglecting my practice (because 'Life') and writing half a post a month.
And you know what...? It's all good. No one cares babes.
I know this isn't exactly News but always worth reminding ourselves that tons of us underwent a major
conditioning process that taught us that we must become
a commercial success to be worthy of rest, peace and love, and because of this we often withhold from ourselves exactly what we are searching for in the first place. That which can only be found within and can be bestowed at any time, once we cut through the crap. And I know speak for loads of you when I say that thing might simply be the ability to sit on the couch without the niggling feeling that there's something more to do... that there's always something more to do. To produce, progress,
create & succeed (* make shit tons of money…) is the very point of existence…am I right? Nah.
I don’t know if I’ll ever unhook myself entirely from
these ingrained beliefs but when I find myself feeling less than good and
compelled to ‘do’ in order to ‘fix’ things/myself, it’s usually because I’ve drifted from my yoga
practice and the ego (which loves a reason to get savage...) has crept back in. Not that I don't love it :) keeps life spicy yeah?
It’s a constant challenge to keep coming back to my
centre, speaking lovingly and soothingly to myself that there’s nothing I have
to do, be or have that would make me any more worthy of love than I already am.
I am worthy of existence, as are you, with nothing added, simply because I
exist, I don’t have to justify this to anyone. Neither do you.
I am still
worthy of love if I don’t release a blog post for two months, I am still worthy
of love if I never host a yoga retreat, I am still worthy of love if I don’t
pursue a career in the arts, hell I am still worthy of love if I exist on a diet of pot noodles and cadbury's caramels and ignore those pants on the floor for weeks on end.
These pressures we place on ourselves, withholding
the very thing we are trying to gain by whipping ourselves into productivity,
is all a pointless illusion.
More and more the only thing I can see worth pursuing
is inner peace, once you have that everything else is just a bonus.
Comments
Post a Comment